XgardIQ – Fixed Gas Detector
The Xgard range is a comprehensive selection of fixed multi gas detectors that meet the diverse requirements for gas detection in industries throughout the world. This includes many water treatment, oil and gas, power, research facility and manufacturing installations. Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) or Flameproof (Exd) versions are available, with case options comprising high-grade alloy, stainless steel or chemically resistant GRN polymer. Certifications include IECEx, ATEX and UL.
XgardIQ is an intelligent and versatile fixed detector and transmitter compatible with Crowcon’s full range of sensor technologies. Available fitted with a variety of sensors for fixed flammable, toxic, oxygen or H2S gas detection.
Providing analogue 4-20mA and RS-485 Modbus signals as standard, XgardIQ is optionally available with Alarm and Fault relays and HART communications. The 316 stainless steel are available with three M20 or 1/2“NPT cable entries.
(SIL-2) Safety integrity level 2 certified fixed detector.
Easy and safe to use
- OLED display – Bright, clear display indicates gas level and detector status even in dark locations
- Non-intrusive calibration – Zero and calibration functions are performed via the display and keypad, without the need for a hot-work permit or any special tools (e.g. no magnetic wand required)
- +ve Safety indicator – Confirms the detector is operating safely at a glance
- Event log function – Stores all alarm, fault and maintenance events to provide a history of detector use
- Remote sensor – Improves probability of detection
Simple installation and maintenance
- Universal transmitter – Common transmitter for Crowcon’s full range of sensor technologies
- Hot-swap sensor modules – Sensors can easily be replaced using one hand without requiring tools or a hot-work permit
- Auto-sense function – Automatically detects whether the control system is 4-20mA current sink or source and sets itself appropriately, eliminating the risk of being incorrectly set
- Auto-configure function – Detects when a sensor module is plugged-in and uploads the appropriate gas type, range, units and alarm levels
- Smart Bump and Speedy Bump test functions – Enable sensor health and response to be verified quickly and easily using test gas. Process is automated and provides a reminder when a bump test is due
- Calibration due warning – Reminds the user when calibration is due to ensure that sensors remain operational and accurate at all times
- Sensor range selection – User can set the full-scale range of the sensor via the display menu according to site or specific location requirements.